1. If worn-out, shock loaded, overloaded, misused, damaged, improperly maintained or abused, the wire rope will fail to use.
2. Every time before use of steel wire ropes, keep inspecting them for wear, damage or abuse
3. Never use the wire rope which has been worn-out, damaged, corroded or abused
4. Never overload or shock load a wire rope
5. Read and understand the machinery manufacturer's handbook
6. Refer to applicable directives, regulations, standards and codes as regards inspection, examination and wire rope removal criteria.
7. Bear in mind that failure of wire rope may cause serious injury and/or death
8. All lifting ropes are prone to damage if they are not properly supported when used at high loads.